Award in ADI knowledge
This course is for driving instructors that are keen to confirm that their current knowledge is up to date in terms of legal obligations and regulations of being a car owner, driver and ADI (or PDI), plus an interest in learning something new. The Award in ADI Knowledge is delivered as a research-based, e-learning course with tutorial support. It is divided up into sections that allow you to manage your learning effectively. You will be directed to a variety of resource materials, including recommended reading and websites. Having completed your research there are progress checks to help measure your knowledge and understanding of each subject.
The learning outcomes of this award are:
- Understanding the requirements of the trainee licence scheme and ORDIT
- Understanding the legal requirements to becoming an ADI
- Exploring driving licences
- A sound knowledge of the requirements for a driving test and the examiner’s role
- Vehicle documentation
- Car insurance regulations
- Police authority and procedures
- Vehicle lighting requirements
- Traffic signs
- Pedestrian crossing regulations
- Motorway regulations
- Speed limits across different vehicle categories and the penalty system
The Award in ADI Knowledge forms part of the DIA Member CPD Programme and works towards the Diploma in Driver Education, or it can be treated as a one-off course.
£120 | DIA members only
By purchasing this course you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Cancellation and Refund Policy - If you cancel within seven days of booking we will refund 100% of the fee paid. Thereafter cancellations will not be considered. This also includes if you have purchased the course as part of an offer or 'bundle' with other courses.
Not a DIA member?
Why not join the UK’s biggest association of professional driving instructors.