I hereby agree to abide by the following code:
- I will not mislead the public over services provided by the school. This applies in particular to
instructors’ qualifications and the likely cost of lessons which will be necessary to reach the standard
required by the Driving Standards Agency’s driving test.
- I will ensure that clients are fully aware of their terms of business.
- I will avoid improper language, suggestions or physical contact with clients.
- I will take all reasonable care, using skill and diligence, in instructing clients in all relevant aspects of
traffic and driver education.
- I will not discuss with others matters that a pupil has disclosed during a lesson. This does not apply to
business matters which concern a driving school or, where the lessons are being paid for by another
person or company, information relevant to that person or company. In this case, while the third party
has the right to this information, it will only be given with the client’s knowledge.
- I will maintain proper standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- I will ensure that any vehicle driven or used for training is maintained in good mechanical order and
condition; is properly insured and taxed and, where appropriate, certified as roadworthy; and that all
reasonable care is taken to keep it clean and tidy.
- I will ensure that tuition is carried out only within the terms of the law, with particular reference to
driver licensing and provision of a professional service.
- I will continue my professional development to the best of my ability.