DIAmond Special Test (Car)
The DIAmond Special Test provides trainers with the opportunity to take their driving/riding to the highest level. Candidates will be required to demonstrate eco-safe driving methods, undertake a short commentary (not applicable to motorcyclists) in a variety of road and traffic conditions and perform set manoeuvres on a route of approximately 25 miles (35km).
Who should consider taking this test?
- are considering entering the Official Register of Driving Instructor Training (ORDIT)
- wish to enter the DSA Register of Approved Fleet Driver Trainers (via the DIAmond Fleet Trainer qualification)
- wish to develop their driving or commentary driving as part of CPD
- are considering entering the Enhanced Rider Scheme
- hold the Diploma in Driving Instruction (DipDI) and who wish to become DIAmond Advanced instructors or examiners
The DIAmond Special Test is graded at two levels:
Special: fewer than three driving faults (faults must not be repeated)
Advanced: fewer than seven driving faults
One serious or dangerous fault will result in an automatic failure.
Duration 90 minutes